BEST DAMN RECIPES
PULLED PORK CHILI
- Chili Spice Rub
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder, 3-4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion, quartered
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup BEST DAMN Root Beer
- 1 can each beans, drained and rinsed (black, kidneys, white navy beans)
Combine all the chili spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. CUT EXCESS
Cut excess fat off the pork shoulder and cut into 2 inch chunks.
3. HEAT ON HIGH
Heat a large dutch oven over high heat. Add oil and sear the pork in batches to brown all sides, do not crowd the pan.
4. HEAT ON LOW
Once all pork has been seared, turn the heat down to low.
Put all the pork back in dutch oven. Add crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, water, BEST DAMN Root Beer, bay leaves, salt, and chili spice mixture. Cover and simmer on low for 3-4 hours until the pork is fork tender.
Using 2 forks, shred the meat. Add the beans and stir to combine.
Cook with lid off for an additional 20 minutes.